Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 14

There's a new running schedule for this, the second day of Week 5:

5 minute warmup
8 minute jog
5 minute walk
8 minute jog
5 minute cooldown

Map of Day  14:
http://www.runningmap.com/?id=285668

Total distance: 2.10 miles
Total time: 31 minutes

Current weight: 225.0 lbs (5 days in a row with weight loss!)
Walk pace: 16:15 /mi (2 seconds slower)
Run pace: 13:15 /mi (2 minutes slower)

I did the jogging portions all very slowly (compared to the last week's worth of runs).  I really wanted to make sure that I would be able to make it through 8 minutes of running, without wimping out and stopping early.  I totally succeded.  I was not winded at all and I will definitely take things at a faster pace next time.  I am planning on interspersing actual running with my jogging for Sunday.  Sunday I move on to a 20 minute jog with 5 minute warmup/cooldown.

Next week, I get to see how my running skills hold up down in Belton, TX!  I'll be down there to work at my buddie's drumline camp.  It's going to be pretty awesome.  : )  It's okay, I really do enjoy working during my summer!
Day 14 complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment